Mrs. Bhubaneswari Rao (Principal)
D.A.V.Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School
P.O.Box: 929, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur,
School: 00977-1-5522934, 5536626
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Birth : 02nd October 1974
Sex : Female
Marital Status : Married
Spouse : Mr. B. Sada Shiva Rao
Children : One (Mst. B. Bhusan Rao)
Nationality : Indian
Language Known : English, Hindi, Nepali and Telugu
Hobbies : Creative Writing, Reading Books, Listening Music
With 20 years of experience in teaching, administration and management of school activities, has vast experience and expertise in heading a big team. As a head of managing the school she is involved in managing around 250 teaching staffs, 80 non-teaching staffs, and 3247 students of various ages from Kg grade to 12th grade. She has helped the management by her dynamic professional work which helped in profitable budgeting without losing the safe and healthy environment of school. Her greatest strengths which helped her to achieve a successful head position are her logical and critical thinking, ability to solve the problem quickly and efficiently, excellent communication skills and management ability.
According to Principal
The role of Principal is very vital since they are responsible for creating healthy young minds which are pillars of tomorrow’s world. They are responsible for creating an environment in school that encourages and makes students to learn subjects efficiently and achieve the desired outcome. They also take the task for finding out special talents of students and for creating a pathway in that direction. They are responsible for the holistic development of the students enrolled under them. For this the principal takes the primary role by getting the latest competition known to students and make them participate in that to bring out their talents. Principals also help the management by budgeting efficiently and by maintaining a safe and healthy environment. Thus the smooth and efficient operation of an educational institution lies in the hands of the leader named as Principal of the educational institution.
Principal in her own words says, ‘To work in a challenging and dynamic environment, and use my expertise for the growth of the working environment of the quality oriented management, teachers, staff students and parents. Also to have a challenging environment to boost up profiled working arenas, which ensure learning and creativity, provides exposure to new ideas and simulate personal and professional growth in order to scale, new heights and carrier development.
|Education||Year of passing||University/Board||Schools/College|
|PhD(English)||Pursuing||Mewar University Rajasthan, India||Centre of Excellence for PhD Studies, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|M.Phil||2012||CMJ University , Meghalaya , India||–|
|M.A in English||2000||Ranchi University, India||Co-Operative College|
|B.A Hons. English||1995||Ranchi University , India||Women’s College|
|Standard XII||1991||I.C.S.E , India||Women’s College|
|Standard X||1989||B.S.E.B. India||Tata Workers Union(English Medium)|
|Training Title||Name of the Institution|
|B.Ed.||Regional College of Education. Utkal University,INDIA. Year: 1998|
· Has excellent communication and written skills in English, Hindi, Bengali, Telegue and Nepali.
· Has expertise using computers and well versed with the usage of Microsoft office tools namely Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Power point to give presentations. Also have mastered to operate internet and email efficiently.
· Has the leadership and efficient management ability.
· Has appropriate and exact delegation of responsibilities to staffs.
· Has learnt and used different techniques and tools of educating students for effective and efficient teaching.
· Has experiences of workshops and seminars for teachers on classroom management and recent pedagogical trends.
· Has crisis management skills.
· Best Principal Trophy for continued support rendered towards popularization of Science, Maths, English and IT by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) on 22nd May 2011 in New Delhi.
· International Gold Star Award for individual excellence in recognition of fleeting merit, excellent performance and outstanding contribution for the progress of the nation and worldwide. Award given by His Excellency Korn Dhabaransi, Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand in Bangkok on 19th June, 2013.
· PABSON ( Private and Boarding School Organization of Nepal)
· NELTA ( Nepal English Language Teachers Association)
· ROTARY Club of Pashupati, Kathmandu, Nepal
· Examiner of YLE, PET, KET,FCE of Cambridge University, London
Principal (Oct 2004 – Till Date)
D.A.V. Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School
(Affiliated to CBSE Board, New Delhi, INDIA)
As a Principal of this school she takes all the responsibility of managing the students, staffs and all the activities related to school. She takes up the task of teacher’s recruitment whenever needed, maintaining discipline and decorum in school campus, getting feedback from students, teachers and parents and taking appropriate actions on it at appropriate time. She is in charge of monitoring and maintaining safe, healthy, peaceful environment in school. She also monitors the attendance of students and teachers. In this area she introduced the concept of awarding students with no leave and for students maintaining punctuality which encouraged the students to come on time to school. She also reviews the text books and notes followed by students and give my feedback to teachers for improvement. She was responsible for launching the computer program compulsory for all teachers and introducing techno based classroom management. Her school is the first ISO 9001: 2000 certified school in Nepal. She has introduced 13 different subject oriented clubs with new programmes like Fun evenings, Souper bowl and subject wise awards. She also introduced the concept of Parental Involvement in School throughout the sessions in numerous ways as Family Jamboree, Open court units and Catch your ward in classroom. The CBSE board results saw the growth from 72 percent to 98 percent in class XII Science and Commerce, maximum A 1 grade in class X during her tenure. All this have increased the enrollment from 1780 students to 3247 students due her strong team members, her motivated teachers, hardworking and enthusiastic students and co operative parents’ community. According to the recent survey her school falls into the category of top five schools in Nepal. During her tenure the school was chosen as the examination centre for Chartered Accountancy of India, National Open School of India and Medical Entrance of Nepal. She was also able to obtain the Accredited Center to run the courses of National Institute of Open School of India with the capacity of 1000 enrollments. Recently, she has signed the MOU with German Embassy as her school as the partner school with the Govt. of Germany.
Head of the English Department (March 2001- 2004)
D.A.V. Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School
English Teacher (March 1996 – December 2000)
St. John’s High School
Khasmahal, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
English Teacher (April 1994 – February 1996)
D.D.U.M. High school
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
New Approaches implemented
1. Parental Involvement in school
i) Family jamboree, the recreational and informative programme for each class from primary to Senior Secondary
It’s for classes Nursery to Grade XII. In this programme, every child participates in the cultural show prepared for their parents, relatives and friends. Parents are invited to play the hilarious game under competitions. This programme was started from the year 2008-2009 as a unique blend of parents, teachers and students in one platform, for the first time in the country.
ii) Regular survey and feedbacks from parents, community
With the start of each session, she makes channel and frame work for possible communication. Plans parents and teachers meeting, researches parents perceptions while collecting data and information to develop new strategies. Likewise she has always developed and monitored the comments books for the parents whenever they visited DAVSKVB.
iii) Regular PTC day
Has developed the concept of PTC days in the interval of six months in each academic year. In the PTC day, students are given the mark sheet of summative assessment including school’s official newsletter, Sandesh. In this occasion students and teachers community jointly exhibits their creation with a theme on different issues for the parents.
iv) Monthly Telephones by class Teachers
Has developed the model of frequent touch of available communication with parents for better understanding. According to this approach every parents of DAVSKVB is communicated by the respective class teacher about their ward’s progress once every month. Here again in return the parent’s give their feedback about the school to the calling teacher.
2. Character development of the students
i) Character Tree Award
Two years ago, have introduced the “Character Tree’ as an important part of school. This was done to motivate the students to exhibit good values and build up their own character as well and be positive role models for other peers and students to do so. It has been a success story of the school. Such the parents, students and teachers are mutually benefitted because of this. Every bi-monthly after training themselves- the skill of self discipline, the students wait eagerly for the announcement of the names to be posted on the character tree. The school is happy to see students striving hard towards building their own character.
ii) Meditation and Counseling
Has engaged herself and students and teachers in meditation in the school. School has hired 5 teachers for the conduction of meditation. Also co-ordinates with external meditators in order to support the School. Has introduced compulsorily class wise meditative practices for the senior wing of the school. The classes are conducted during the morning assembly time regularly.
Engaged in counseling of the teachers, students and parents. Furthermore, School Discipline team consisting of six members has been formed to solve the stress and students related issues in the school.
iii) Chairman’s Gold Star Award
An award introduced to encourage students to follow and achieve the slogan of ‘Good and Smart”. Thus one child from each class of grade I to XII is awarded annually.
3. Trainings and Workshops
i) Conducted in D.A.V. School Ranchi, India
Conducted in D.P.S. Bakaro, India
Conducted in D.A.V Bakaro, India
Conducted for foreign delegates of NELTA, Nepal
ii) Participated in IIM , Lucknow conducted by CBSE
Participated in XLRI, Jamshedpur conducted by Principal’s association
Under her initiation, Nepal Swiss Teachers training started in Nepal. Co-ordinators and principals of different school of Nepal participate in this programme, once a year.
4. Crisis Management
i) Prevention Taken
For the precaution of possible crisis has developed the model of disciplinary action plan in 2011. The disciplinary model presented is given below:-
5. Public Relation
-Maintains a cordial relation with Embassy of India, Sri Lanka, Germany, Malaysia and Thailand.
– Maintains a cordial relation with Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal
– Maintains a cordial relation with INGO’s, NGO’s and other social organization of Nepal and India.
6. Strengthening Indian – Nepal Relation
i. Programmes for non residential Indian – Cultural programmes promoting Indian festivals
ii. Programme for Nepalese people community – Cultural programmes on major festivals of Nepal, promoting Nepali Culture.
7. Yearly Achievements – Retrospection 2005-2013
1. Was appointed as the school principal in 2005 AD.
2. The school became privileged of being chosen as the only examination center in Nepal on the recommendation from the Embassy of India for the conduction of chartered Accountancy (CA) in 2006 and also other examination as Compex of India, Medical and Engineering of Nepal and Language examination of Korea.
3. The school organized one day Sangha Dan, 72 Vikshus and 57 Vikshunis 500 Vipassana where practioners also took part in the function on in 2007
4. The school started the concept of family jamboree which includes fun and entertainment for parents under single roof in 2008.
5. The school was offered to conduct different academic programmes from certificate to master’s level of Indira Gandhi, National Open University in 2009.
6. Started the publication of co-curricular activities schedule in 2009.
7. Attended CBSE principal’s seminar in 2010.
8. Represented DAVSKVB for PASCH programs in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2010.
9. Nominated as the director of community service and service project for the Rotary year 2010-11 and the Rotary club of Pashupati Kathmandu.
10. Under her plan, IT department was established with enhanced existing network system in 2010.
11. Was honoured by the best principal Trophy by science Olympiad foundation in New Delhi, India on 22nd May 2011.
12. Has organized Devnagari Jagaran Sammelan in association with B.P. Koirala India- Nepal foundation Embassy of India Kathmandu. Total 3000 participants from different 57 schools had taken part in the programme in 2011.
13. Under her leadership DAVSKVB hosted twice the conference of Nepal English language teachers Association (NELTA) in 2009 and 2011 respectively.
14. Under her advisory DAVSKVB established DAV Media Center in 2012 meet the global standard of education, where children besides school attendance can study of DAVSKVB different teaching methodologies and subjects by using new media.
15. Attended as the chief guest of Mary Ward school of Lalitpur in its annual sports day function which is centralized for the education of poor and helpless children.
16. In the year 2012, she attended 2nd principals conference of ‘Goethe Institute’ in Bangkok, Thailand.
17. Launched ESOL programme of Cambridge University, London
8. Philanthropic Approaches
i) For school:-
D.A.V. S.K.V.B Higher Secondary School has been established as the leading institution in the social service sector in the country. Super Bowl, fund raising programme and Mother Teresa social service club conducts major programmes for the under privileged sections. This is concerned with generating required funds in cash and kind for the awareness for the service of human kind for her community.
ii) For society:-
Has established a library in the needy community school named Buddha Secondary School, Champi Lalitpur, remote area of the valley from the fund raised by supportive DAVSKVB students in the year 2013.
She is involved in different social work through her membership and devotion in Rotary and Rotract clubs of Nepal. Likewise, she has regularly sponsored for needy students (5 nos) for the education in Mary Ward School of Lalitpur, Nepal.
9. Environmental concerns
ii. Seed dispersal
iii. Golden garbage
iv. Contribution to friends of zoo.
v. Clean Energy Programmes
Plantation and seed dispersal programme are some of the initiatives started by her in DAVSKVB. Likewise, Golden Garbage Can has been developed as the awareness and promotion programme for waste management. She is involved as the member of friends of Zoo of Nepal which is also advocating for the conservation of endangered species. Besides, there are different programme concerned with generating awareness for clean energy in her school adopted annually.
10. Planning of School (academic)
i. Activity Calendar
ii. Teacher Calendar
iii. Year Planner
The activity calendars for the schools including year planner and teacher’s calendar has been in practice during her tenure.
11. Leadership programmes
i) Formation of 15 different subject clubs for the students
Has developed 15 different clubs of Science, Maths, language, Social, Sports, Economic and so on which are engaged in organizing different subject activities in school. The tenure of club is for a year.
ii) Formation of student council
Every year student council is formed under her direction. Student council includes Head Girl, Head Boy, Sports Captain and Cultural Captain including their house wise division where prefect council is also formed every year. It is concerned with developing leadership skill of the student from very early age.
Has decentralized the school job creating CAOs, HOD’s, Wing co-ordinators and class- co-ordinators. All the departments are given responsibility with authority to carry out the work designed.
12. Introducing DAVSKVB in international arena
i. South Asian level
Has promoted DAVSKVB as the hub of south Asian education in the country Nepal. Teachers and parents community have obtained different position in Sri Lanka, 18th Quanta and Geofest in India in City Montessori School Lucknow.
ii. Asian level
DAVSKVB students and teachers community have introduced themselves in the Asian level through their mutual visits with their educational partners. Principal Mrs. Bhuwaneswari Rao visited Thailand this year, while she selected lower secondary co-ordinator Mr. Meghji Tank for educational delegation in China.
iii. Global level
DAVSKVB students have visited over American schools in USA under the educational exchange programme in the year 2007 and 2008. Likewise, in the academic year 2011, Sadikshya Sharma and Deepika Mundhara participated in the PASCH programme in Germany.
The students of Global Indian International School (GIIS) Malaysia visited DAV Nepal for the international educational exchange programme. Similarly students and teachers of DAV Kathmandu visited GIIS Malaysia in the year 2013.
14. Guest Remarks in the school
The guests who have visited in DAVSKVB have presented following remarks for her school.
| Thank you for a very warm welcome and hospitality|
|Thank you for a very warm welcome and hospitality extended to me on Pariyatti Shiksha prize distribution.|
|Maris Sangiam Pongsa, The ambassador of Thailand, The Royal Thai Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Thanks for organizing tournament|
|Thanks for organizing this great soccer tournament.|
|Veera Grafin Von Raeden, German Ambassador|
|It was a pleasure to meet|
|It was a pleasure to meet and talk with your students.|
|Jonathan Henick, U.S. Department of state, Washington. D.C., U.S.A.|
|Well disciplined staff and students|
|Big complex, large no of students, well disciplined staff and students wish all the best.|
|Surendra Raj Kafle, Nepal V.C. Academy of Science and Technology|
|Excellent management of school and disciplinary environment.|
|Khagraj Baral, Executive Director, Curriculum Development Center, Sanothimi|
|School is very well planned and organized|
|I participated as a chief Guest of the Pariyatti prize giving ceremony. School is very well planned and organized. Cooperative of principal and teacher was good.|
|Thosapala Hewage, Ambassador of Srilanka to Nepal|
|Nice to be present|
|Nice to be present in such presentation of science papers like nano technology and stems cells. Thanks to DAV Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati School and Newton science club for organizing this event.|
|Dr. Chiranjivi Regmi, Senior scientist, Nepal Academy of Science and Technology|
|I am happy|
|I am happy that your school has maintained the value of integrity along with educational activities.|
|Rajendra Man Shrestha, Metropolitan Range, Lalitpur|
|Thanks a lot for the support|
|Thanks a lot for the support from all Nepalese friends.|
|Yang Houlan, Ambassador of China to Nepal|
|Well done (commenting on Amarsingh Drama acted in DAVSKVB by the students of classes IX & X)|
|Rajesh Hamal, Cine Star, Kapoor Dhara, Kathmandu|